You will need your student ID card or library card to borrow items from the library. You can check your loan record by logging into your account via Moodle.
Students can borrow 6 Books and 4 E-books
- You are responsible for ensuring items are returned or renewed on or before the due date
- All items are liable for recall at any time if requested by another reader. Notification will be given by phone call.
- You are responsible for all items borrowed until they are returned and cleared from your library account.
Typically items can be borrowed for 14 days at a time. These items are subject to recall if required by another user.
7 day Loans
Items that are in high demand are issued for 7 days at a time. These items are subject to recall if required by another user.
You can return books by placing them in the book returns box found by the entrance of the college.
Items may be renewed five times after the loan period, provided they have not been requested by another borrower.
You may renew your books online through your library account. Please use the details that was given to you by the library staff. Click on this link to renew online.
Telephone: 020 7573 5285 (Ext5 5285) Chelsea Site
Telephone:020 7573 5339 (Ext 5339) North Kensington Site
You will be unable to renew your books if....
· Your books have been requested by another user
· There is a block on your library account (including expired ID cards)
· It is a 24 hour loan item.
· When it has not been possible to renew, items must be returned by the due date to avoid blocked account.
Students are given a three day grace period for overdue items i.e. you can renew your items up to three day after the due date. If an item is overdue by more than thirty days your computer account will be blocked. A courtesy email reminder will be sent when there are overdue items on your account. Please ensure to check your student email address. A bill for replacement cost will be sent for long overdue items.
Lost or Damaged Items
If an item is lost or damaged you will be required to replace it. You can buy a replacement copy yourself or we can order it for you, although this will include a £10 processing charge on top of the cost of the item. Failure to return items may result in certificates being withheld.
Completing your course
Students completing their course must ensure all library loans are returned and any overdue one week before leaving.
Four weeks after course completion dates, we will contact students with outstanding loans on their library account and pass these details to Registry Services.